Organic gardening is the way of growing veggies and fruits with the utilization of things only discovered in nature.
Why would one wish to indulge in organic gardening?
- One may easily make compost from garden and kitchen waste. Though this is a little more time-consuming than purchasing prepared chemical pesticides and fertilizers, it sure as shooting helps to put garbage to great use and so saves the environment.
- Organic agriculture does not utilize chemicals that might have an adverse affect on your health. This is particularly crucial when growing veggies. Chemical companies tell us that the chemicals we utilize are safe if utilized according to direction, but research demonstrates that even tiny amounts of poisons absorbed through the skin may cause such things as cancer, particularly in youngsters.
On the average, a youngster ingests 4 to 5 times more cancercausing pesticides from foods than a grownup. This may lead to assorted diseases later on in the youngster’s life. With organic gardening, these incidents are lessened.
Remember, pesticides contain toxins that have only one purpose – to stamp out living things.
- Less injury to the environment. Poisons are frequently washed into our waterways, causing death to the native fish and polluting their habitat.
- 31 –
- Organic agriculture practices help prevent the loss of surface soil through erosion. The Soil Conservation Service states that an estimated 30 – 32 billion tons of soil erodes from U.S. farmlands each year.
- Cost savings. One doesn’t need to purchase costly chemical fertilizers and pesticides with organic gardening. A lot of organic recipes for the control of pest and disease come straight from the kitchen cupboard. Some of the times other plants may be grown as companions to the main crop. An illustration of this is the marigold, which helps to repel aphids from veggies. Mixing 1 tablespoon of liquid dishwashing soap and 1 cup of cooking oil may make a cheap garden pest spray. Put 3 tablespoonfuls of this mixture in 1 quart of water and spray on plants.
- An easy mulch of pine needles will help to suppress the growth of weeds as well as retaining the moisture.
- Organic gardening practices help to keep the environment safe for later generations.